As the COVID-19 outbreak concerns continue to intensify, we wanted to assure you that we are taking actions based on recommendations from the Public Health Agency of Canada. At our offices, we have increased the frequency of cleaning on all door handles, chairs and work stations. Each client visiting our office will be offered a sanitized pen to sign their tax returns. Our debit/credit machines will be wiped before and after each use and we encourage the use of the “tap feature” so you don’t have to touch it at all!
As recommended, we are limiting person-to-person contact by encouraging the use of technology in the delivery of your supporting documentation and completed tax returns. CRA is now accepting electronic signatures and we will be utilizing this option whenever possible. We have other procedures in place to conform with “social distancing”.
How do you get your information to us?
- Online: we encourage you to use the secure portal on this website where you are able to upload PDF copies of your documents
- Drop Off: feel free to drop off your income tax packages at either office, using the outside drop box in Port Rowan, or the mail slot in Simcoe
Either way, your information will be secure and you will be contacted to confirm we have received it.
How do you sign your tax return when it is finished?
- Email: we will email your tax returns along with instructions
- print, sign and return signature pages or,
- use the electronic signature option (coming soon)
- Quick sign: at the front desk of either office, you will be informed of the outcome and sign, however, if you require explanation, you will need a telephone or office meeting
- to minimize overlap of clients in the office, we will book a quick sign appointment
- if you drop-in for a quick sign, you may be asked to wait outside to adhere to “social distancing” protocol
- Office meeting: we will book an appointment time to go over your return in detail, answer any questions you may have and you sign
- we ask that you arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled time
- nothing can replace a face-to-face meeting, however, given the current recommendations regarding close contact, we are hoping that you might consider a telephone meeting instead
- Telephone meeting: we will book a telephone appointment time
- before your telephone meeting, we will email your tax return and you print the summary page
- we will go over your return in detail, answer your questions and then you sign the signature page and return it to the office along with your payment
What if you have questions about your tax return?
It is important that you understand everything about your tax return and we are happy to answer any questions you might have. Please feel free to contact Ann at 1-844-829-6225 or email@example.com.
How do you pay your invoice?
- attach your cheque to the signature pages and drop off at either office
- call in to pay by credit card
- etransfer your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the password Northshore with a capital N
How do you get your signature pages to us?
To assist us with restrictions in place due to the Coronavirus, we ask that you return your pages to us in one of the following ways:
- drop in the secure mail slot / drop box at either office – available 24/7
- use the digital signature feature (coming soon)
- send via email to email@example.com
- send by toll-free fax to 1-855-222-5994
If you have any questions please call Sheri at 1-844-829-6225 and she will be happy to help.
Given the precautions we all must take to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we hope these options will provide you with the exceptional experience you expect. We are all in this together. We will continue to serve our clients and follow guidance from public health officials and government agencies.